DHL invests $129m towards India operations
Mumbai, October 16, 2012
Global market leader for contract logistics solutions, DHL Supply Chain, has announced an investment of Euro 100 million ($129.71 million) to further strengthen its logistics infrastructure in India.
This will include development of eight world-class Multi-Client sites (MCS) across India and upgrading its current fleet with technologically advanced transportation vehicles to meet the growing customer demands from various sectors.
The new MCS facilities will add a further 5 million sq ft of warehousing space, and will be located at prime cities such as, Mumbai, Gurgaon, Delhi (NCR), Bengaluru, Nagpur, Chennai, Kolkata and Ahmedabad. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business