Equate issues 2011 sustainability report
Kuwait, October 15, 2012
Equate Petrochemical Company, a major player in the petrochemical sector based in Kuwait, has issued its 2011 sustainability report based on the global reporting initiative (GRI) framework and as per international reporting standards.
The report covers Equate’s sustainability efforts relevant to the economy, environment, people, products, corporate social responsibility (CSR), contributions and others.
Equate VP for technical services Mohammad Al Benali said, “As one of the first Kuwaiti companies to issue such a report, Equate continues adopting and implementing various sustainability initiatives within Kuwait and beyond.”
Al Benali, who also heads Equate CSR Team said, explained “In recognition of its sustainability achievements, Equate has earned several prestigious honors, including the Amir Award for the Best Plant in Kuwait; The Gold Award in Health, Safety, and Environment (HSE) for Gulf private sector companies; The Award for Best Gulf Company in Recruiting Nationals; Arabian Business Best CSR Company Award; Oil & Gas (O&G) Middle East CSR Award.
In addition, the petrochemical firm has received the highly commended best community program award during the First Middle East CSR Award Summit, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Extrusions unveils key techniques at Italy show
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans