Alba 9-month production up 4,405 tonnes
Manama, October 14, 2012
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) reported today that its production increased 4,405 tonnes during the first nine months of the year, compared to the same period of 2011, to reach 663,214 tonnes.
The company’s sales figures for the year-to-date were almost stable at 664,552 tonnes as compared to 2011.
Value-Added (VA) sales continued to gain momentum in the third quarter of 2012 accounting for 66 per cent of the total sales versus 65 per cent for the same period of 2011, the company said.
During the third quarter of 2012, Alba’s production was 219,681 tonnes, as compared to 222,553 tonnes in Q3 2011, while sales figures were 218,507 tonnes versus 220,608 tonnes for the same period of 2011.
Alba’s chief executive Tim Murray said: “Despite the seasonal drop in manufacturing activity, Alba was able to surpass its own sales target for the third quarter. For the year, Alba is projecting to exceed the record production it has achieved in 2011.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production