TNT opens office on Qatar-Saudi border
Doha, October 9, 2012
TNT Express in Qatar has opened a new office in Abu Samra, an important border crossing with Saudi Arabia, in line with its plan to support and sustain its business growth in the country.
TNT’s commitment to its new office at this border point helps build on its solid connection between Qatar and other GCC countries through its unrivalled Middle East road network, said a senior official.
“Qatar is considered one of the fastest growing Express markets in the world. Increasing Governmental infrastructure investment and the upcoming FIFA World cup are set to continue the country’s growth within the Express sector," remaarked Raju Cherian, the country manager of TNT Express in Qatar.
"The new office in Abu Samra reflects TNT Express’ commitment to the region and it helps ensure we have the right capability to leverage the country’s growth," he added.
James Edgeworth, the sales and marketing director - Middle East said: “Our Abu Samra office offers a great opportunity to grow the Express delivery business in Qatar. With our Middle East road network we are able to offer customers in Qatar and other GCC countries the most extensive road platform of its kind.”
Qatar is an important part of the TNT Express Middle East road network that seamlessly links UAE, Saudi, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Jordan.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants