UAE pipe maker wins key ISO certification
Dubai, October 9, 2012
Empower-Logstor Insulated Pipes Systems (Elips), one of the largest pre-insulated pipe manufacturing facility in the UAE, has won ISO 9001:2008 certification for its quality and environmental standards in the fittings for pre-insulated pipes.
Elips is a joint venture between Emirates Central Cooling Systems Corporation (Empower), UAE’s leading district cooling company and Logstor, the world's largest manufacturer of pre-insulated pipes.
The company's factory at Jebel Ali had been awarded earlier the same certification for the production of pre-insulated pipes.
Ahmed Bin Shafar, the chairman of Elips and Empower CEO, said, "It is a matter of great pride to win this worldwide recognition in our working standards for the fittings of the pre-insulated pipes from such a reputed global organisation."
"Our aim from the start was to cater to the needs of the market for isolated pipes with high quality and reliability. We succeeded in enhancing the position of Elips," he noted.
Elips is the UAE's largest pre-insulated pipe manufacturing facility producing 110 km of pipes in less than 3 years, said Shafar.
The company follows best environmental criteria to meet the requirements of district cooling services and oil and gas across the Middle East, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair