UAE pipe maker wins key ISO certification
Dubai, October 9, 2012
Empower-Logstor Insulated Pipes Systems (Elips), one of the largest pre-insulated pipe manufacturing facility in the UAE, has won ISO 9001:2008 certification for its quality and environmental standards in the fittings for pre-insulated pipes.
Elips is a joint venture between Emirates Central Cooling Systems Corporation (Empower), UAE’s leading district cooling company and Logstor, the world's largest manufacturer of pre-insulated pipes.
The company's factory at Jebel Ali had been awarded earlier the same certification for the production of pre-insulated pipes.
Ahmed Bin Shafar, the chairman of Elips and Empower CEO, said, "It is a matter of great pride to win this worldwide recognition in our working standards for the fittings of the pre-insulated pipes from such a reputed global organisation."
"Our aim from the start was to cater to the needs of the market for isolated pipes with high quality and reliability. We succeeded in enhancing the position of Elips," he noted.
Elips is the UAE's largest pre-insulated pipe manufacturing facility producing 110 km of pipes in less than 3 years, said Shafar.
The company follows best environmental criteria to meet the requirements of district cooling services and oil and gas across the Middle East, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan