Alba 'committed to employee safety'
Manama, September 24, 2012
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) remains committed to achieve zero harm across the plant as demonstrated by its recent investment of nearly $100,000 in installing new air ventilation louvers, said a top official.
The air ventilation louver project began last year as part of Alba’s overall initiative to improve work conditions for employees on a regular basis, bolster increased productivity and enhance performance levels, remarked Alba’s chief executive Laurent Schmitt.
“Our employees are our most valuable assets since it is primarily through their hard work that Alba today is one of the world’s leading aluminium smelters. Hence, the safety of our employees and improving of their work environment remains a continued focus as well as a priority," Schmitt added.
With smoother air circulation and cooler work conditions made possible, the new air ventilation louvers are expected to play a key role in boosting performance levels.”
The air ventilation louvers installed on the north side of both Potlines 4 and 5 will basically operate as heat evacuation mechanisms that will allow fresh air to enter the shop floor leading to cooling down of surrounding temperatures, said yje top official.
It will benefit operators working in the north side of the pot lines who are involved in activities like anode changing, pot maintenance, etc.
It has been further designed to close in winter and open in summer and thereby provide increased flexibility to Alba’s employees, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport