Alba 'committed to employee safety'
Manama, September 24, 2012
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) remains committed to achieve zero harm across the plant as demonstrated by its recent investment of nearly $100,000 in installing new air ventilation louvers, said a top official.
The air ventilation louver project began last year as part of Alba’s overall initiative to improve work conditions for employees on a regular basis, bolster increased productivity and enhance performance levels, remarked Alba’s chief executive Laurent Schmitt.
“Our employees are our most valuable assets since it is primarily through their hard work that Alba today is one of the world’s leading aluminium smelters. Hence, the safety of our employees and improving of their work environment remains a continued focus as well as a priority," Schmitt added.
With smoother air circulation and cooler work conditions made possible, the new air ventilation louvers are expected to play a key role in boosting performance levels.”
The air ventilation louvers installed on the north side of both Potlines 4 and 5 will basically operate as heat evacuation mechanisms that will allow fresh air to enter the shop floor leading to cooling down of surrounding temperatures, said yje top official.
It will benefit operators working in the north side of the pot lines who are involved in activities like anode changing, pot maintenance, etc.
It has been further designed to close in winter and open in summer and thereby provide increased flexibility to Alba’s employees, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures