Asry sales soar after top expo
Manama, September 10, 2012
Bahrain-based Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard (Asry), the leading rig and ship repair yard in the Gulf, has seen sales activity increase due to its participation in the Shipbuilding, Machinery and Marine (SMM) exhibition in Germany.
SMM is one of the largest international marine trade fairs. Now in its 25th year, it attracted record numbers as about 50,000 marine professionals attended the four-day event.
"With nearly every major customer in one place, SMM is an ideal opportunity to showcase the yard's capabilities, which also translated into several confirmed bookings and new business leads," said Asry chief executive Chris Potter.
"This year has seen demand steadily growing, and the exhibition has contributed to a strong finish to the year," he noted.
Asry's $188 million expansion, in its final phase, was showcased at the event at the Hamburg Congress Convention Centre.
Asry's stand, designed by Venus International, sported the recently updated brand and attracted a global crowd.
The event is one of the largest gatherings of the marine industry, and this year boasted 90,000 square metres of hall space, filled with 2,000 exhibitors from 60 countries and 30 national pavilions.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport