Asry sales soar after top expo
Manama, September 10, 2012
Bahrain-based Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard (Asry), the leading rig and ship repair yard in the Gulf, has seen sales activity increase due to its participation in the Shipbuilding, Machinery and Marine (SMM) exhibition in Germany.
SMM is one of the largest international marine trade fairs. Now in its 25th year, it attracted record numbers as about 50,000 marine professionals attended the four-day event.
"With nearly every major customer in one place, SMM is an ideal opportunity to showcase the yard's capabilities, which also translated into several confirmed bookings and new business leads," said Asry chief executive Chris Potter.
"This year has seen demand steadily growing, and the exhibition has contributed to a strong finish to the year," he noted.
Asry's $188 million expansion, in its final phase, was showcased at the event at the Hamburg Congress Convention Centre.
Asry's stand, designed by Venus International, sported the recently updated brand and attracted a global crowd.
The event is one of the largest gatherings of the marine industry, and this year boasted 90,000 square metres of hall space, filled with 2,000 exhibitors from 60 countries and 30 national pavilions.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai