DP World inks key security agreement
Dubai, September 3, 2012
DP World, UAE Region said it has signed a partnership agreement with Ports, Customs & Free Zone Corporation (PCFC) security department to provide greater strategic depth and efficiency to security operations at its port facilities in Dubai.
PCFC Security Department is entrusted with regulating, undertaking, managing and controlling all security operations of business units under Dubai World.
The leading marine terminal operator said the agreement aims to achieve enhanced alignment of planning, training, crisis management, information exchange and other security related activities at Jebel Ali Port, Port Rashid and Al Hamriya Port.
Mohammed Al Muallem, the senior VP and managing director of DP World, UAE Region and Mahmood Amin, the chief executive officer of PCFC Security Department signed the pact during a ceremony held at DP World Head Office.
Commenting on the deal, Al Muallem said, 'The total safety of our terminals is an absolute priority. At DP World, UAE Region we regard security as a baseline service provided to our customers to protect people and assets.'
'This agreement will strengthen our strategic relationship with PCFC Security Department, which is doing excellent work at DP World’s flagship Jebel Ali Port, which has the world’s most advanced Integrated Security System,' he remarked.
Amin said the agreement will ensure that PCFC's decade old partnership with DP World, UAE Region continues to pursue its objectives of ensuring peace of mind for its customers.
'Our teams work round the clock in the three ports in compliance with international security benchmarks. Our success is underpinned by our strong security ethos and the commitment to DP World,' he added.
DP World’s flagship Jebel Ali Port, has won three coveted awards from the Higher Committee for UAE Civil Seaports & Airports Security for adherence to the highest levels of security requirements.
These include implementing the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) code to enhance security of ships and port facilities, and providing specialist training to security teams. Jebel Ali was certified Best Port Overall, Best Port in Qualifying & Training and Best Port in Emiratisation.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo