Industries Qatar posts $587m Q2 profit
Doha, August 8, 2012
Industries Qatar, the Gulf's second-largest petrochemicals firm, posted a slight rise in second quarter profits on Wednesday, falling in line with analyst estimates.
The Qatari firm had net profit of 2.14 billion riyals ($587 million) for the quarter ended June 30, according to Reuters calculations based on financial statements. That compared with profit of 2.08 billion riyals a year earlier.
Analysts forecast average profit of 2.09 billion riyals, in a Reuters poll.
The company said it had first-half net profit of 4.04 billion riyals, down slightly from 4.17 billion in the same period last year. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture