FLSmidth gets Egypt deal
Copenhagen, July 30, 2012
Danish engineering group FLSmidth & Co said on Monday it had received an order from the Egyptian National Cement Company for operation and maintenance of two production lines in Cairo.
FLSmidth, a supplier of engineering services and equipment to the cement and minerals industries, said the parties had agreed not to disclose the value of the seven-year contract.
"We are now for the first time also taking over the operation and maintenance of a plant, which was built by a competitor," chief executive Jorgen Rasmussen said in the statement.
The order would contribute beneficially to FLSmidth's earnings until 2019, it said. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair