DuPont opens entries for safety awards
Dubai, July 10, 2012
DuPont has broadened the scope of its safety awards to include sustainability, and is calling for applications for the 2013 DuPont Safety and Sustainability Awards.
Applications should be submitted by September10, a DuPont statement said.
The winners, selected by an independent panel of judges, will be announced at the award ceremony in Dubai in March 2013.
“We took the decision to expand the awards in recognition of the clear need for improved sustainability in business today. At DuPont, we believe there is a global need to improve sustainability. We have shown that it is not a hindrance, but a key ingredient to growth, especially in times of economic insecurity,” said Johan van der Westhuyzen, Middle East regional director for DuPont Sustainable Solutions.
“These awards help to advocate sustainability and reward companies for innovative, effective programs or projects that have succeeded in making their workplaces cleaner, and greener.”
The annual DuPont Safety and Sustainability Awards welcomes entries from all companies or organisations that can demonstrate significant achievements in safety or sustainability in one or more of the following six categories:
• Safety Performance Improvement
• Innovative Approach to Safety
• Visible Management Commitment to Safety
• Sustainable Corporate Footprint
• Cultural Evolution in Safety or Sustainability
• Stakeholder Engagement for Sustainability
In December, the jury will announce a shortlist of three finalists per category based on criteria such as design and innovation, scope, results, replicability and risk. The winner for each category will be presented with a trophy and a certificate at the award ceremony.
“Our enhanced safety performance has allowed us to become a more sustainable company. It has also highlighted how an effective approach to safety can have a positive effect on the business bottom line," said Saeed Fadhel Al Mazrooei, president and CEO of Emirates Aluminium.
“W are proud to have received a DuPont Safety Award in recognition of our efforts,” he added.
“We are quite pleased to have been named as finalists for the safety award in 2011 for our Safety, Security, Health & Environment Management System (SHINE) project, and be recognised on an international scale for our efforts", said Hussain Esmaiel, KPI president.
"Such recognition helps to bolster motivation, both within our organisation, and also among our peers in the industry, and also clearly demonstrate that improved safety, and indeed sustainability, lead to business success,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Takamul, Air Products to launch gases JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft