DuPont opens entries for safety awards
Dubai, July 10, 2012
DuPont has broadened the scope of its safety awards to include sustainability, and is calling for applications for the 2013 DuPont Safety and Sustainability Awards.
Applications should be submitted by September10, a DuPont statement said.
The winners, selected by an independent panel of judges, will be announced at the award ceremony in Dubai in March 2013.
“We took the decision to expand the awards in recognition of the clear need for improved sustainability in business today. At DuPont, we believe there is a global need to improve sustainability. We have shown that it is not a hindrance, but a key ingredient to growth, especially in times of economic insecurity,” said Johan van der Westhuyzen, Middle East regional director for DuPont Sustainable Solutions.
“These awards help to advocate sustainability and reward companies for innovative, effective programs or projects that have succeeded in making their workplaces cleaner, and greener.”
The annual DuPont Safety and Sustainability Awards welcomes entries from all companies or organisations that can demonstrate significant achievements in safety or sustainability in one or more of the following six categories:
• Safety Performance Improvement
• Innovative Approach to Safety
• Visible Management Commitment to Safety
• Sustainable Corporate Footprint
• Cultural Evolution in Safety or Sustainability
• Stakeholder Engagement for Sustainability
In December, the jury will announce a shortlist of three finalists per category based on criteria such as design and innovation, scope, results, replicability and risk. The winner for each category will be presented with a trophy and a certificate at the award ceremony.
“Our enhanced safety performance has allowed us to become a more sustainable company. It has also highlighted how an effective approach to safety can have a positive effect on the business bottom line," said Saeed Fadhel Al Mazrooei, president and CEO of Emirates Aluminium.
“W are proud to have received a DuPont Safety Award in recognition of our efforts,” he added.
“We are quite pleased to have been named as finalists for the safety award in 2011 for our Safety, Security, Health & Environment Management System (SHINE) project, and be recognised on an international scale for our efforts", said Hussain Esmaiel, KPI president.
"Such recognition helps to bolster motivation, both within our organisation, and also among our peers in the industry, and also clearly demonstrate that improved safety, and indeed sustainability, lead to business success,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Dubai bus fare ‘cheapest in the world’
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift