Jebel Ali wins Best Seaport - ME award
Dubai, June 25, 2012
DP World’s flagship Jebel Ali Port has been voted the Best Seaport - Middle East for the 18th consecutive year at the recent 26th Asian Freight and Supply Chain Awards (AFSCA) in Shanghai.
On behalf of DP World, UAE Region, Kris Chang, managing director, DP World – China, received the prestigious award, at an event attended by more than 400 top executives from the Asian supply chain industry.
The selection for the AFSCA Awards, organised by the Hong Kong-based transport and logistics market newspaper Cargonews Asia, involves key decision makers in the industry who take part in an independently verified process comprising a nomination round and a voting round.
The winners are chosen by thousands of readers of Cargonews Asia voting for the best-performing companies across a number of categories.
Jebel Ali Port was cited for sustained excellence through innovative, technology-driven initiatives focussed on improving supply chain efficiency for customers and responding to their changing needs.
Mohammed Al Muallem, senior vice president and managing director, DP World, UAE Region, said: “Winning at AFSCA is always special for us because of the tough criteria employed to judge port performance.”
“The 18th successive award reaffirms Jebel Ali Port’s premier position in the Middle East. It is a tribute to our hard-working employees and our ability to deliver the best possible service to our customers. We dedicate this award to all those who made it possible for us to sustain our performance excellence,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans