Scottish group nets $6m Mideast deals
Dubai, June 24, 2012
Downhole Products, a leader in the design, manufacture and supply of casing accessories and completion tools based in Scotland, said it has inked $6 million worth deals in the Middle East region.
The company set up its headquarters at Portlethen near Aberdeen in 1994 and presently operates its bases in Australia, the Middle East mainly in the UAE, Iraq and Saudi besides Asia and the US.
The key products being manufactured by the company include centralisers, reamer guide shoes and cable clamp protectors.
Downhole Products' announcement comes close on the heels of its recent move to new, larger premises in Dubai’s Jebel Ali Freezone, as well as recruitment of three additional business development managers to service the needs of a growing number of clients.
Commenting on the win, managing director Ian Kirk said: “Our excellent figures in the Middle East are as a result of proactive, progressive movement in a part of the world where there is an increasing demand for quality products backed by professional expertise.'
“As well as demonstrating our desire to provide a consistently high standard of service, our new premises and additional staff underline our commitment to the region as Downhole Products moves forward.”
Kirk said the company has been witnessing a big demand for its econ-o-glider and spir-o-lizer centralisers and pen-o-trator reamer shoes in the region.
Downhole Products will be taking part in the upcoming Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference (Adipec) to be held from November 11 to 14.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan