Alba sponsors key China trade fair
Manama, June 6, 2012
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) has announced its sponsorship and participation in Aluminium China 2012, one of Asia's leading trade fairs for the aluminium industry.
The event opens today (June 6) at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre in China and runs until Friday. It will offer opportunities for knowledge exchange and networking with industry peers across the entire spectrum of the aluminium value chain.
'Asia presents one of the most dynamic markets for the aluminium industry, and Alba remains keen on expanding the footprint of its product portfolio in the continent,' said Alba chief executive Laurent Schmitt.
'We currently export more than 15 per cent of our products to Asia, and we are confident to see additional growth with the opening of our sales office in Hong Kong.
'Our participation in this event enables us to explore business opportunities with potential trade partners as well as raise greater awareness of Bahrain's attractiveness as an economic destination for international investors,' he added.
Aluminium China - held successfully for the past seven years - brings together the entire aluminium supply chain under one roof representing delegates from more than 90 countries.
A conference under the theme '2012 China Aluminium Fabrication Forum' will also be held alongside the exhibition, and include presentations by industry leaders.
Alba recently set up a sales office in Hong Kong to tap into the demands of Asia's emerging markets. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants