GTL opens $8m headquarters in Dubai
Dubai, May 31, 2012
UAE-based Geoscience Testing Laboratory (GTL), an ISO 9001:2000 certified multi-disciplinary laboratory, has inaugurated its new Dh30 million ($8.16 million) headquarters at Dubai Industrial City (DIC).
The new headquarters spreads over an area of 141,000 sq ft. The GTL laboratory houses a state-of-the-art research and development (R&D) department dedicated to developing new tests and methodologies. The complex is staffed with 200 employees, including 100 lab technicians.
The facility will cater to GTL’s growing business, which serves organisations such as Dubai Municipality, Road & Transport Authority (RTA), Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA), Nakheel, Emaar, Aldar, as well as Wade Adams, Arabtec, DUTCO and Al Naboodah Engineering and Contracting Company.
Abdullatif Abdulla Ali Al Gargawi, chairman, Geoscience Technology Laboratory, said: “Our new, bigger headquarters is a natural progression of our growing operations that will allow us to better serve our existing client base. It comes at a time when we are witnessing a surge in demand for our services, driven by brisk activity across the construction, health and government utilities areas.
“Dubai Industrial City is our destination of choice given its advantages such as a readily accessible pool of clients in its F&B, base metals, minerals and chemical zones. Our new laboratories have been designed to meet our future expansion needs, complementing our ambition to quickly expand our service footprint across the region.”
Abdulla Belhoul, managing director, Dubai Industrial City, a member of Tecom Investments, said: “We are proud to welcome GTL, whose presence at DI will prove particularly significant for our six industrial zones. Our business partners depend on lab tests in compliance with their stringent health, safety and environment standards.”
“With GTL’s presence, these companies now have access to its services in close proximity. The synergy is likely to open up a new dimension in the quality and range of products and services manufactured out of Dubai Industrial City,” he added.
With the launch of its new headquarters at Dubai Industrial City, GTL aims to phase out its operation from the previous head office at Al Quoz Industrial Area by end 2012. GTL has branch offices in Sharjah, Abu Dhabi and Al Ain. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures