British Ambassador visits Alba plant
Manama, May 23, 2012
Alba's position as a global company with a presence for its high-grade aluminium products in European markets was highlighted during a goodwill visit to the Alba plant by British Ambassador Iain Lindsay.
Alba chief executive Laurent Schmitt briefed Lindsay on the strides the company has made over the past 40 years in strengthening its export potential, tapping key marketing territories worldwide, and raising Bahrain's profile as a key industrial centre in the region.
"The relations between Bahrain and the UK go back many years, and have been bolstered by the social, cultural, economic and political ties between the two countries," said Schmitt.
"With the recent opening of a sales office in Europe, we are confident that it will boost our association with British and other European companies, and succeed in enlarging the footprint of our product portfolio in Europe," he added.
Lindsay was given an extended tour of the smelter and also given a brief presentation of Alba's environmental commitment, safety policies, adherence to quality, corporate social responsibility initiatives and contribution to Bahrain's economy. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair