Kuwait industrial group eyes $358m loan
Kuwait, May 21, 2012
National Industries Group Holding (NIG), a leading Kuwait-based company engaged in diversified industrial sectors, said it has appointed banks to raise more than KD100 million ($358 million) in a shariah-compliant syndicated loan.
'Lead arranger (Warba Bank) will invite local, Gulf and international banks to participate in this financing,' NIG said in an e-mailed statement on Sunday.
'It comes in line with the strategy and objectives of the bank to support the local economy and local companies,' it added, saying the operation would be compliant with Islamic law. It did not give further details on the use of the proceeds.
Kuwait's Kharafi Group, a major local investor, holds a stake in NIG according to Kuwait Stock Exchange data.-Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai