UTEC Survey secures $3m vessel deal
Dubai, May 19, 2012
UTEC Survey, one of the largest independent offshore survey companies, said it has won deals worth $3 million which sees the utilization of additional vessels in the West Africa and Gulf region.
The Houston-based company also provides a wide range of survey services including dimensional control, laser scanning and modeling, offshore positioning, construction support, AUV, geophysical and geotechnical surveys.
UTEC Survey also operates from Aberdeen, Rio de Janeiro, Calgary, Perth, Singapore, St. John’s, Naples and Dubai, said the two contracts see the utilization of additional vessels in the region.
The Maridive 515 was mobilized in the UAE in early April and is conducting a major pipeline survey in the Gulf.
The 55m vessel, built in 2009, is fitted with a comprehensive analogue survey spread complete with onboard processing and is currently committed until June 2012.
Meanwhile the HD Independence has been utilized in the Gulf of Guinea, West Africa in a project expected to be complete this month before the spread moves to other work in the region.
The 50m air diving vessel is fitted with analogue survey and geotechnical spread.
Commenting on the deals, CEO Martin O’Carroll said: “With the addition of offices in Naples and Dubai in the last 12 months, UTEC Survey continues to make good on our promise to deliver a consistent quality service to every oil and gas region worldwide.'
'These projects are significant milestones for both regions and demonstrate UTEC’s commitment to supporting our clients wherever they need us,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award