New tyre factory to come up in Yanbu
Yanbu, May 3, 2012
Al-Muwakaba for Industrial Development & Oversees Commerce (Holding), a member of Al-Amoudi Group of Companies, has nnounced plans to set up a tyre factory in Yanbu Industrial City, a report said.
The Advanced Tire Factory, considered to be the first plant of its kind in the kingdom, will be built at a cost of SR900 million ($240 million), the report in Arab News said.
aid he was proud of this great project. The new project is in line with the guidance of the government of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah in ensuring the diversity of industries in Saudi Arabia and the interest in supporting the national economy.
The project will provide 600 employment opportunities, Mohammed Hussein Al-Amoudi, chairman of the board and the main partner for both Al-Muwakaba and Advanced Tire Factory, was quoted as saying by the report.
The plant will manufacture 1.8 million tubeless pneumatic tyres for passenger cars and commercial vehicles per year.
The contract to design, engineer, supply and plan the building has been awarded to one of the major international companies specialized in the manufacture of tyres CAMCE-Sinomach. The technology for the plant will be provided by BCT that will be supervised by a specialized German consulting firm, Technical Tire Consulting Gmbh (TTC), the report said.
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event