RAK FTZ takes part in Doha, Hannover events
Ras Al Khaimah, April 24, 2012
Top-level trade delegations from Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone (RAK FTZ), one of the fastest-growing free trade zones in the UAE, are taking part in leading events in Doha and Hannover this week.
A high-level RAK FTZ delegation, led by its CEO Oussama El Omari, took part in the World Investment Forum (WIF) 2012 – a leading conference facilitating dialogue and action on key investment related challenges in Doha.
Organised by United Nations Conference on Trade & Development (UNCTAD), in partnership with Qatar Government, the WIF focused on ‘Investing in Sustainable Development’ and held from April 21 to 23 with participation from over 110 countries, including 15 heads of states, 40 Ministers and over 40 CEOs, among other top officials.
Similarly, RAK FTZ is part of the UAE pavilion at Hannover Messe, the leading international industrial and technology fair in Hannover, Germany, running from April 23 to 27.
The UAE pavilion is part of Global Business & Markets – the dedicated foreign trade platform at the exhibition. RAK FTZ is among the 23 top government, semi-government and private sector organisations in the UAE that are participating under the umbrella of UAE Ministry of Foreign Trade.
At the two top-level events, RAK FTZ is showcasing the strategic business opportunities on offer at the free zone and the UAE, and intends to explore potential joint ventures and collaborations with countries and companies from around the globe. It is also highlighting the advantages of setting up base in the UAE, which acts as a hub for business and trade across the wider Mena region.
“We are extremely privileged to be participating in these events. Our presence at the WIF 2012 in Doha was a great learning experience, where we had numerous interactions with global leaders, senior policy-makers, corporate executives, investors and heads of investment promotion agencies from countries around the world. This was a great platform to reinforce our presence in the region, and our efforts to act as the preferred business hub for global business across the Middle East and Africa,” El Omari said.
“To be a part of the UAE pavilion at Hannover Messe is a great opportunity to educate, encourage and invite global businesses and SMEs on expanding their operations to the UAE and reinforce the favourable investment climate in the country. This is a great networking platform for us – offering unmatched opportunities for one-to-one networking with business delegations from across the world,” he added.
“At RAK FTZ, we have always supported pro-investment policies firmly rooted in the principles of free trade and promoting entrepreneurship,” El Omari noted.
“Through this participation at top events, forums and exhibition, we are looking at establishing and nurturing international business contacts with the free zone. The cost effectiveness of setting up business at RAK FTZ, coupled with value-added services and easy access to do business with neighbouring regions are our salient advantages unmatched in the region,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit