Agility wins Spanish heavy-lift contract
Basel (Switzerland), April 18, 2012
Global logistics provider Agility has won a contract to transport 420 railway wagons from Spain to Kazakhstan for Talgo, a leading Spanish manufacturer of railway wagons and components.
As per the contract, Agility will provide all logistics services starting with the collection of the wagons at factories in Spain through delivery to Talgo’s factory in Astana, Kazakhstan.
Throughout the project, Agility will leverage its specialized expertise, global network and partnerships to manage the movement of wagons from origin to final destination, while providing the highest standard of health, safety and quality management, said the company.
Agility teams across Europe – from Spain, Finland and Kazakhstan – will together deliver this complex, heavy-lift project., it added.
“Agility has a strong presence in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan,” said Francesc Casamitjana, Agility’s managing director of Area South.
“We understand fast moving economies and bring experience and know-how to industries such as engineering, energy, mining and heavy equipment supply,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad