Agility wins Spanish heavy-lift contract
Basel (Switzerland), April 18, 2012
Global logistics provider Agility has won a contract to transport 420 railway wagons from Spain to Kazakhstan for Talgo, a leading Spanish manufacturer of railway wagons and components.
As per the contract, Agility will provide all logistics services starting with the collection of the wagons at factories in Spain through delivery to Talgo’s factory in Astana, Kazakhstan.
Throughout the project, Agility will leverage its specialized expertise, global network and partnerships to manage the movement of wagons from origin to final destination, while providing the highest standard of health, safety and quality management, said the company.
Agility teams across Europe – from Spain, Finland and Kazakhstan – will together deliver this complex, heavy-lift project., it added.
“Agility has a strong presence in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan,” said Francesc Casamitjana, Agility’s managing director of Area South.
“We understand fast moving economies and bring experience and know-how to industries such as engineering, energy, mining and heavy equipment supply,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour
- Alba sponsors CRU aluminium summit
- General Lighting plans Saudi share sale
- Kizad eyes UK investment at aluminium show
- Grace plans $200m UAE fluid cracker JV plant
- Globe Express bolsters Kuwait services
- Gulftainer, Mag Line launch new vessel