Agility wins Spanish heavy-lift contract
Basel (Switzerland), April 18, 2012
Global logistics provider Agility has won a contract to transport 420 railway wagons from Spain to Kazakhstan for Talgo, a leading Spanish manufacturer of railway wagons and components.
As per the contract, Agility will provide all logistics services starting with the collection of the wagons at factories in Spain through delivery to Talgo’s factory in Astana, Kazakhstan.
Throughout the project, Agility will leverage its specialized expertise, global network and partnerships to manage the movement of wagons from origin to final destination, while providing the highest standard of health, safety and quality management, said the company.
Agility teams across Europe – from Spain, Finland and Kazakhstan – will together deliver this complex, heavy-lift project., it added.
“Agility has a strong presence in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan,” said Francesc Casamitjana, Agility’s managing director of Area South.
“We understand fast moving economies and bring experience and know-how to industries such as engineering, energy, mining and heavy equipment supply,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show