DHL Bahrain wins key certification
Manama, April 18, 2012
The DHL Express Bahrain Hub and Regional Distribution Centre has again been awarded a Class A 100 per cent certification by the internationally-recognised Transported Asset Protection Association (Tapa).
"DHL Express Bahrain Hub has received the highest security certification, continuing the company's outstanding Tapa certification history in the Middle East," said Bahrain Hub general manager Stephen Duff.
"We are also setting new records in security standards," he remarked.
"For the third consecutive time, the regional hub in Bahrain has been awarded a Class A certification with a 100 per cent score, and we have also been re-certified according to the new 2011 requirements.
"The Bahrain country office operations and gateway also achieved a 96.22 per cent score with Class A certification and our Oman country office and new gateway facility combined were certified with a 90.5 per cent Class A score," he added.
"The continuous high scores are a testament to DHL's commitment to delivering safety at every step of the journey," Duff said.
"They also highlight the security standards in Bahrain and the important position the kingdom continues to hold as the gateway to the Middle East and a key aviation and logistics centre for the region," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan