DHL Bahrain wins key certification
Manama, April 18, 2012
The DHL Express Bahrain Hub and Regional Distribution Centre has again been awarded a Class A 100 per cent certification by the internationally-recognised Transported Asset Protection Association (Tapa).
"DHL Express Bahrain Hub has received the highest security certification, continuing the company's outstanding Tapa certification history in the Middle East," said Bahrain Hub general manager Stephen Duff.
"We are also setting new records in security standards," he remarked.
"For the third consecutive time, the regional hub in Bahrain has been awarded a Class A certification with a 100 per cent score, and we have also been re-certified according to the new 2011 requirements.
"The Bahrain country office operations and gateway also achieved a 96.22 per cent score with Class A certification and our Oman country office and new gateway facility combined were certified with a 90.5 per cent Class A score," he added.
"The continuous high scores are a testament to DHL's commitment to delivering safety at every step of the journey," Duff said.
"They also highlight the security standards in Bahrain and the important position the kingdom continues to hold as the gateway to the Middle East and a key aviation and logistics centre for the region," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production
- Harris Pye opens Dubai office
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour