Oil price volatility 'to hit maritime trade'
Dubai, April 2, 2012
Current oil price fluctuations may increase the costs of maritime trade in the short term, while piracy is another concern for the shipping industry, the UAE's Economy Minister Sultan bin Saeed al-Mansouri said on Monday.
'The oil price fluctuation...in the short term is not positive and will impact the maritime trade,' Mansouri told a trade conference in the UAE capital.
He also said Abu Dhabi's new Khalifa Port would become operational in the fourth quarter of 2012.-Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DP World extends maturity date on $1bn loan
- HK apparel group inks tenancy deal with BIO
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence
- RSA-Talke to set up storage facility in Dubai
- Sipchem unit secures loan for new project
- Alba names power station director
- Bahrain to set up new building materials firm