Oil price volatility 'to hit maritime trade'
Dubai, April 2, 2012
Current oil price fluctuations may increase the costs of maritime trade in the short term, while piracy is another concern for the shipping industry, the UAE's Economy Minister Sultan bin Saeed al-Mansouri said on Monday.
'The oil price fluctuation...in the short term is not positive and will impact the maritime trade,' Mansouri told a trade conference in the UAE capital.
He also said Abu Dhabi's new Khalifa Port would become operational in the fourth quarter of 2012.-Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014