Bahrain retailers lauded for price stability
Manama, March 25, 2012
Bahrain Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro visited Waitrose and Al Osra supermarkets on Amwaj Islands and stressed the importance of diversifying import sources and providing substantial quantities of consumer goods at reasonable prices.
During his visit on Saturday, the minister commended the efforts exerted by Al Osra supermarkets to meet consumer needs with various promotional offers, which helped increase sales and maintain price stability.
Dr Fakhro praised Al Osra's role in supporting local agricultural products.
He also visited Bahrain City Centre and Seef Mall and was briefed on shopping activities, promotional offers and recreational programmes to attract shoppers and visitors.
He was thanked for his constant follow up and his role in backing commercial activities in the kingdom.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4