Jotun to showcase coatings for luxury boats
Dubai, March 11, 2012
Jotun Paints, a leader in paints and coatings, will present its new polyester-polyurethane top coat that has been specially designed for top-class yachts at the upcoming Dubai International Boat Show 2012.
The 20th edition of Dubai International Boat Show 2012 will be held from March 13 to 17 at Dubai International Marine Club, Mina Seyahi.
Megagloss HG, Jotun’s new top coat, is the result of four years of intensive research and development conducted by the Norwegian main corporate laboratory of Jotun and the Yacht Concept Centre in Barcelona, a statement said.
The end product is a new top coat that has been specifically formulated to provide long-term resistance to UV light, erosion, impacts and chemicals. The new Megagloss HG was tested across two yachts measuring at over 40 meters; the MY H2ome from Italy and the SY Canica from Spain - with both vessels reporting great results.
“Regulations in the painting industry have become tighter over the last few years and our Research and Development department has worked extensively in the development and creation of world class products catering to the strong demands of various industry verticals,” said Youssef El Said, sales manager – Yachting, Jotun Paints.
“The new Megagloss HG is our new high gloss, high solids product that has been tailor made to address the need for a highly durable top coat for today’s world class yachts and smaller type vessels.”
“Participating at the latest edition of the Dubai International Boat Show will give us the opportunity to reach out to the large number of high-end luxurious yachts owners and manufacturers in the Middle East and promote the advantages of using the new Megagloss HG,” he added.
The new ‘Megagloss HG’ is based on new binder technology giving it a mixing ratio of 1:1 on volume, thereby making it more 'user friendly'. The new product offers excellent colour stability and provides a specified dry film thickness after the application of three coats, giving off a 'mirror like appearance effect’, the statement said.
Measured across a micro wave scanner, the new Megagloss HG shows both short waves (Sw) and long waves (Lw), while also providing vessels with excellent abrasion resistance. Also, the product is offered in tailor made colours, according to the statement.
“Looking forward to the next challenge and the aim to drive the market to new levels are part of the business philosophies we follow,” El Said added.
“The positive results we have achieved in testing Megagloss HG across two super yachts have given us the confidence to create more products utilizing new technologies and innovations. We also remain steadfast in our commitment to provide our rapidly growing customer base with key value added services to help address their demands and requirements.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events