Saudi Cargo launches Dubai-Europe service
Jeddah, February 19, 2012
Saudi Airlines Cargo has partnered with DHL Global Forwarding to launch three weekly 747 freighter service linking Dubai to Brussels and Amsterdam in Europe.
The Saudi airline will operate direct flights from Brussels twice a week and from Amsterdam once a week to the new Al Maktoum International Airport at Dubai World Central (DWC) from next month.
The new service, which is part of a global part charter program with DHL Global Forwarding, enables Saudi Airlines Cargo to offer direct capacity from Europe to Dubai, said a senior official.
“We chose to work with Saudi Airlines Cargo on this program because, in addition to the new strategic orientation of SV, we have found the right mix of commitment, flexibility and network capabilities,” said Ingo-Alexander Rahn, executive VP Global Airfreight and head of StarBroker at DHL Global Forwarding.
Commenting on the new service, Peter Scholten, VP commercial at Saudi Airlines Cargo said, 'We are extremely excited to be partnering up with the world’s largest forwarder, DHL Global Forwarding, on the new Dubai flights from Europe.'
'This deal will help us to further expand our activities in the UAE, where we already operate scheduled B747 freighters from Sharjah to Lagos and N'djamena on top of 75 weekly passenger flights to Saudi,' he added.
Saudi Airlines Cargo operates scheduled freighter services with 12 freighters and sells the belly-capacity on 140 passenger aircraft for Saudi Arabian Airlines spanning a rapidly expanding global network of 225 destinations, Scholten said.
The cargo airline also provides cost effective and practical worldwide charter flight solutions from a growing fleet of dedicated charter aircraft, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit