Al Fajer to launch top petchem expo in India
New Delhi, February 6, 2012
UAE-based Al Fajer Information & Services has partnered with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to expand its flagship event Arab International Plastic and Rubber Industry Trade Show & Conference (ArabPlast) into Asia.
The inaugural 'IndiaPlast' expo will be held from March 6 to 8, 2014, at Chennai Trade Centre, said Al Fajer and CII, India’s biggest industry association, after signing the deal.
Arab plastics and petrochemical sector will get a fillip in India with this launch, remarked Satish Khanna, general manager of Al Fajer Information & Services during the signing ceremony in New Delhi.
'We were looking to expand ArabPlast into new markets after the successful launch of Plastpack Africa show last year. Arab plastics and petrochemicals companies were excited about India because of its rapidly increasing industrial development,' remarked Khanna.
'The move to expand ArabPlast into India holds significant potential for the continued growth and development of the Pan Arab plastics and petrochemical industry,' he added.
Spread across eight halls at Dubai International Exhibition Centre, ArabPlast a household name in the region is the region's premiere trade show for rubber, plastics and plastic processing.
Khanna added: “ArabPlast gave birth to Plastpack Africa, extending the brand into Africa, while now we are launching IndiaPlast in conjunction with the largest industry association in India, the second largest economy in the world.”
Founded over 117 years ago, CII is India's premier business association, with a direct membership of over 7,000 organisations from the private as well as public sectors, including SMEs and MNCs, and an indirect membership of over 90,000 companies from around 250 national and regional sectoral associations.
Besides playing the role as the supreme body of Indian corporates, CII also organises large number of trades shows and conference in India and aboard, most notably the recently concluded AutoExpo in New Delhi.
According to Khanna, the new show will cover a wide spectrum of plastic machinery, plastic/rubber processing technology, pre and post-processing systems, plastic packaging technology, injection moulding, blow moulding, wrapping technology, extrusions, chemicals and additives, semi finished goods, engineering plastics and plastic products.
“IndiaPlast will cater to the rapidly increasing Asian demand for plastics and its raw materials and, of course, the machines,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures