Alba sponsors key investors conference
Manama, January 25, 2012
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), a leading aluminium smelter, sponsored a key investors conference in Bahrain that looked at capitalising on market opportunities from a Middle Eastern perspective.
Arindon’s 2012 Investors Conference, that took place at the Ritz Carlton Bahrain today (January 25), featured four panels of industry experts from leading companies in the region who tackled the following topics: Middle East Market Outlook; Alternative Investments; Capital Markets; and Investor Relations Perspectives.
Alba’s chief executive Laurent Schmitt, chief financial officer Tim Murray, investor & public relations manager Eline Hilal as well as finance manager Mansoor Afzal were present at the opening of the conference.
“Being ahead of the curve, reaching out to investors, customers and other stakeholders can create huge benefits and real value to the company itself,” said Schmitt.
“Nowadays with the prevalence of volatile economic environment, companies that place high premium on strong corporate governance and transparency alongside possessing a clear roadmap for future performance are most likely to earn the trust and goodwill of investors.”
“We at Alba are positive that this conference will provide the right platform for engaging in productive discussions on the Middle East’s viability as an investment destination,” he added.
The 2012 Investors Conference attracted investors from across the wider Mena region, chief financial officers, investment bankers, asset and fund managers, heads of investor relations, investment advisors and other high net worth individuals. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers