3M to showcase abrasive range
Sharjah, January 9, 2012
3M Gulf, a leader in research and development, will showcase its complete abrasives product portfolio at a major show for the steel and metal-working industry that opened in Sharjah today (January 9).
The 2012 edition of Steel FAB trade show will run until January 12 at Expo Centre Sharjah.
3M’s range of products will include the recently launched 3M Cubitron II and 3M Scotch-Weld innovative solutions.
The show will also witness 3M executive Prashant Sadalgekar participating in a seminar on January 10th wherein he will elaborate on the salient features of the Cubitron II product.
“Steel FAB is a unique show and one of its kind in the Middle East for the metal fabrication industry, which is one of the core competence industries for 3M Industrial and Transport solutions unit,” said Fadi Medlej, country business leader 3M Industrial and Transportation.
“Our key objective of participating at SteelFAB is to highlight our innovative abrasives portfolio including Cubitron II which has several applications in the fabrication industry and will be showcased at our exhibit with the aid of live demonstrations,” he added.
3M has literally reinvented abrasives with 3M Cubitron II products, a statement said.
Starting with a patented, precision-shaped ceramic abrasive grain, 3M engineers found a way to electrostatically orient each triangular structure to maximize cutting potential.
As a resultant of this, each individual precision-shaped ceramic grain acts like a cutting tool, slicing through metal like a knife, and continuously self-sharpens as points break off, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan