KBR to provide technology for Egypt plant
Houston, December 28, 2011
US-based top technology firm KBR has been awarded a contract by Tecnimont for the license and basic engineering design (BED) of a new ammonia plant to be built by Chemical Industries Holding (Kima) in Aswan, Egypt.
Under the terms of the contract, KBR will provide Kima with a license for its proprietary Purifier Ammonia Technology and related engineering services for Kima’s new plant. The plant is being built on a fast-track basis and will support regional development plans in Aswan as well as Egypt’s drive to build modern fertilizer complexes.
“KBR’s ammonia process is a benchmark in the industry as is evidenced by our global installed base,” said John Derbyshire, president, KBR Technology.
“We are honoured that Kima has selected KBR Technology and look forward to working closely with our EPC partner Tecnimont to deliver a world-class ammonia plant to Kima.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad