KBR to provide technology for Egypt plant
Houston, December 28, 2011
US-based top technology firm KBR has been awarded a contract by Tecnimont for the license and basic engineering design (BED) of a new ammonia plant to be built by Chemical Industries Holding (Kima) in Aswan, Egypt.
Under the terms of the contract, KBR will provide Kima with a license for its proprietary Purifier Ammonia Technology and related engineering services for Kima’s new plant. The plant is being built on a fast-track basis and will support regional development plans in Aswan as well as Egypt’s drive to build modern fertilizer complexes.
“KBR’s ammonia process is a benchmark in the industry as is evidenced by our global installed base,” said John Derbyshire, president, KBR Technology.
“We are honoured that Kima has selected KBR Technology and look forward to working closely with our EPC partner Tecnimont to deliver a world-class ammonia plant to Kima.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production
- Harris Pye opens Dubai office
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour