ExxonMobil launches enhanced oil series
Dubai, December 21, 2011
ExxonMobil Lubricants and Petroleum Specialties, a division of Exxon Mobil Corporation, launched its new generation of high-performance synthetic gear, circulating and bearing oils.
The Mobil SHC 600 Series lubricants are the latest addition to the Mobil SHC brand of lubricants, which have been formulated to help steel companies, oil and gas operators and other organisations operating in extreme environments to reduce unscheduled downtime and maximise productivity.
The Mobil SHC 600 Series oils are expertly formulated to deliver a number of performance advantages over conventional oils, a statement said.
Featuring the latest Mobil SHC technology with advanced synthetic base fluids and a proprietary additive system, the oils can deliver a service life up to six times longer than competitive mineral oil based gear and bearing lubricants.
Mobil SHC 600 oils also demonstrate outstanding low temperature fluidity to enable start up and operation at low temperatures, and excellent resistance to rusting and corrosion for equipment protection.
In addition, the multi-purpose potential of Mobil SHC 600 Series oils can enable companies to reduce their overall lubricant inventory, delivering additional cost-savings and storage benefits.
“Since their introduction more than 40 years ago, Mobil SHC 600 Series oils have been synonymous with exceptional performance and outstanding equipment protection, becoming the synthetic lubricants of choice for many successful companies in the global commercial and industrial marketplace,” said Michael J. Hawkins, Mobil SHC global brand manager, ExxonMobil Lubricants and Petroleum Specialties Company.
“The next generation of Mobil SHC 600 Series oils have been developed to deliver exceptional performance, outstanding equipment protection and increased oil drain intervals, helping our customers maximise productivity.”
The Mobil SHC 600 Series oils are recommended for use in 1,800 applications by more than 500 major equipment builders, including Siemens, for use in Flender gearboxes. In addition, the enhanced oils are approved by leading gearbox manufacturer SEW-Eurodrive for factory-fill and service-fill worldwide.
Developed through extensive laboratory and in-service testing with some of the world’s leading equipment manufacturers, the next-generation Mobil SHC 600 Series oils exhibit energy savings of up to 3.6 per cent compared with conventional oils, the statement said.
The Mobil SHC 600 Series oils are fully compatible with system components and materials used in equipment normally lubricated with mineral oils, which helps maintenance professionals minimise equipment issues during the conversion process, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events