Saudi steel firm picks BNP for $3bn IPO
Dubai, December 20, 2011
Saudi Arabia's Al Rajhi Steel has appointed BNP Paribas as the financial adviser for an initial public offering of its $3 billion steel project north of Jeddah, Middle East Economic Digest said on Tuesday.
The timing of the IPO on the Saudi stock exchange is still unclear, London-based Meed said, but the shares are likely to be priced at 10 riyals ($2.67) each, equivalent to par value in the kingdom.
The new steel complex is situated in King Abdullah Economic City is one of six purpose-built communities which are aimed at attracting investment and add development to the country.
At least one local bank is likely to be appointed to a lead manager role at a future date, one banker told Reuters, to provide the necessary infrastructure required to market an IPO in Saudi Arabia's retail investor-dominated equity markets.-Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4