Bahrain GOP discusses key issues
Manama, December 14, 2011
Bahrain General Organisation of Sea Ports (GOP) board discussed several key issues including the implementation of its business plans and development of a bulk materials terminal during its recent meeting.
The meeting, which was held under the chairmanship of Shaikh Daij bin Salman Al Khalifa, also reviewed the budget for 2012.
At the meeting, the board members agreed to align GOP's activities to fully support the priorities agreed upon during the recent National Dialogue.
The board issued directives to further accelerate the development of the bulk materials terminal at the Mina Salman Port so that the terminal becomes fully operational as early as possible.
Shaikh Daij said the GOP considered the construction of this dedicated terminal a strategic project of utmost importance that will facilitate the import and distribution of building materials required to meet the housing and other construction projects within the Kingdom.
The board congratulated the Bahrain Logistics Zone team for winning the Free Zone Authority award at the Seatrade Middle East and Indian Subcontinent Awards 2011 ceremony.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai