Aramex acquires SA's Berco Express
Dubai, December 12, 2011
Dubai's Aramex has completed the acquisition of South Africa logistics and transportation company Berco Express, for an undisclosed amount, the company said in a statement on Monday.
The deal is part of Aramex' strategy to expand internationally and follows a recent joint venture with SinoAir in China and the acquisition of OneWorld Courier and In-Time Couriers in Kenya in the first quarter.
Berco Express operates 15 branches throughout South Africa and employs more than 700 people, the statement said.
Aramex said it will further expand across Southern Africa by opening additional offices and warehouses. The logistics company also acquired Ireland-based liner agent and freight forwarder Aquaship Agencies in February to expand its freight capabilities in Europe.
Aramex reported a 3-percent rise in third-quarter profits in October as uncertainties in Egypt and high oil prices weighed on its growth. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports