UOB students visit Alba
Manama, December 6, 2011
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) shared its expertise in the production of high-grade aluminium with an eight-member student delegation from the University Of Bahrain (UOB)’s College of Engineering who visited the Alba plant.
The student delegation from the Instrumentation and Control department were accompanied by the associate professor at the Department of Chemical Engineering, Dr Nour Eddine Mansour.
During their visit, they were given an insight on the calibration of industrial instrumentation as well as on some of the best practices deployed across Alba that have strengthened the company’s reputation as one of the world’s leading aluminium smelters.
“It was a privilege to welcome the students of University of Bahrain to the Alba plant, and share with them our expertise in the production of high-grade aluminium,” said Alba’s chief executive Laurent Schmitt.
“The students were able to learn of Alba’s growth in the past forty-years and its experience in emerging as one of the world’s leading aluminium smelters.”
The UOB delegation was later given a tour around the different facilities in the plant, and in particular, a visit to the Workshops & Maintenance Services. They were also briefed on the company's commitment to safety, adherence to quality as well as its many achievements in protecting the environment. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DP World extends maturity date on $1bn loan
- HK apparel group inks tenancy deal with BIO
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence
- RSA-Talke to set up storage facility in Dubai
- Sipchem unit secures loan for new project
- Alba names power station director
- Bahrain to set up new building materials firm