US plastics company opens RAK office
Dubai, November 16, 2011
A. Schulman, a leading supplier of plastic compounds and resins based in Ohio, US, has opened its sales office in Ras al-Khaimah as part of its global expansion strategy.
The move to launch an UAE base is in line with the company's plan to serve growing markets for value-added niche products, said a senior official.
'We are expanding our strategic presence in the Middle East, where the market has shown a considerable shift toward added-value products,' noted Bernard Rzepka, the company's general manager and chief operating officer for Europe and MEA.
'The new office will first focus on providing high-quality masterbatch products for growing markets in the region and surrounding areas, and will enhance our ability to serve many of our European customers who also are expanding into the Middle East.'
'In addition, it will enable us to strengthen and develop new partnerships with suppliers in the region,' he added.
Nahib Khoury, a well-experienced professional from this region, is leading and coordinating the Company's activities in the Middle East.
Pojhan Vahabi, A. Schulman's business director, Middle East, said it is an active member of the Gulf Petrochemicals and Chemicals Association (GPCA) which is dedicated to the growth and sustainable development of petrochemical industries in the region.
'Our involvement with GPCA will provide an excellent platform for sharing knowledge and networking as we develop our footprint for all our businesses in the Middle East,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport