US plastics company opens RAK office
Dubai, November 16, 2011
A. Schulman, a leading supplier of plastic compounds and resins based in Ohio, US, has opened its sales office in Ras al-Khaimah as part of its global expansion strategy.
The move to launch an UAE base is in line with the company's plan to serve growing markets for value-added niche products, said a senior official.
'We are expanding our strategic presence in the Middle East, where the market has shown a considerable shift toward added-value products,' noted Bernard Rzepka, the company's general manager and chief operating officer for Europe and MEA.
'The new office will first focus on providing high-quality masterbatch products for growing markets in the region and surrounding areas, and will enhance our ability to serve many of our European customers who also are expanding into the Middle East.'
'In addition, it will enable us to strengthen and develop new partnerships with suppliers in the region,' he added.
Nahib Khoury, a well-experienced professional from this region, is leading and coordinating the Company's activities in the Middle East.
Pojhan Vahabi, A. Schulman's business director, Middle East, said it is an active member of the Gulf Petrochemicals and Chemicals Association (GPCA) which is dedicated to the growth and sustainable development of petrochemical industries in the region.
'Our involvement with GPCA will provide an excellent platform for sharing knowledge and networking as we develop our footprint for all our businesses in the Middle East,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo