Bahrain move to end truck crisis
Manama, October 31, 2011
Moves to end the King Fahad causeway trucks logjam were put on the fast track yesterday by Bahrain's Cabinet in a session chaired by His Royal Highness Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa.
He called for removing all obstacles hindering movement of trucks and ensuring their smooth flow at customs entry points.
Interior Minister Shaikh Rashid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa was instructed to co-ordinate with authorities concerned.
The government also affirmed its resolve to revitalise trade movement, stressing the importance of land transportation as a vital pillar for it to flourish and prosper. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts