Bahrain move to end truck crisis
Manama, October 31, 2011
Moves to end the King Fahad causeway trucks logjam were put on the fast track yesterday by Bahrain's Cabinet in a session chaired by His Royal Highness Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa.
He called for removing all obstacles hindering movement of trucks and ensuring their smooth flow at customs entry points.
Interior Minister Shaikh Rashid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa was instructed to co-ordinate with authorities concerned.
The government also affirmed its resolve to revitalise trade movement, stressing the importance of land transportation as a vital pillar for it to flourish and prosper. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- IAA re-boots for 75th anniversary
- Bahrain port welcomes largest container vessel
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- DP World extends maturity date on $1bn loan
- HK apparel group inks tenancy deal with BIO
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence
- RSA-Talke to set up storage facility in Dubai