Sabic wins Company of the Year award
Abu Dhabi, October 13, 2011
Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (Sabic) has been named Company of the Year – Chemicals by the People’s Choice Stevie Awards, a unique award that is judged each year by leading figures in business worldwide.
Mohamed Al-Mady, Sabic CEO and vice chairman, received the award at the eighth annual International Business Awards function held in Abu Dhabi on October 11 under the patronage of Shekha Lubna Al-Qassimi, UAE Minister of Foreign Trade.
Sabic won the award after a detailed, two-phased voting and evaluation process of nominees. In the preliminary stage, 35,000 top-ranking business professionals from around the world cast their votes, after which specialized committees made a final choice based on the voting scores.
“Sabic has won this honor due to its leading position in the global petrochemical industry. It is a result of Sabic’s global team work, and is a reflection of our remarkable business achievements. We are pursuing the right policies in serving our customers, and are eager to continue leading the industry forward,” said Al-Mady.
"Sabic is working according to clear plans and specific strategies for growth and expansion in several areas, including customer service, access to new markets, and value-added products. We continue to invest in technology, offering innovative business solutions.”
“We are focusing on qualitative development of human resources, while maintaining our highest performance levels and operational quality, with a strong emphasis on Sustainability and environment care,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport