DP World launches 'Buy World' program
London, September 4, 2011
Global marine terminal operator, DP World, said it plans to deploy BravoSolution’s eSourcing platform globally over the next 24-36 months to help reduce operating costs and improve procurement operations.
The implementation will be supported by Tejari, the leading B2B online marketplace in the Middle East and BravoSolution’s strategic partner in the UAE.
DP World’s Head Office Procurement has instituted a ‘Buy World’ programme which consists of corporate approved centre-led procurement strategies and standards that aim to improve procurement policies, processes, technology, capability and competencies to achieve a high-performance procurement culture amongst DP World’s 5,000 buyers.
BravoSolution’s platform will enable DP World to roll out the 'Buy World' programme smoothly, standardising internal procurement, increasing transparency on spending globally and improving efficiency and supply management processes.
DP World director, Global Strategic Procurement, Carl Jansma, said: “Our ‘Buy World’ programme initiatives will now be delivered more quickly and more efficiently through the global deployment of Tejari / BravoSolution eSourcing platform, helping us to deliver greater benefit within Purchasing and Supply Management functions at our 60 international terminals.”
'Buy World’s technology allows us to network every ‘buyer’, across functions, generating savings based on the philosophy of ‘Thinking globally; Performing locally,” he noted.
Suhail Al Banna, chief executive officer at Tejari, said the company will play an important role in the implementation, providing end-user training, support and eEnablement best practices to drive the successful adoption of the platform across the enterprise.
'Procurement has become a critical driver for global competitiveness. Organizations such as DP World are able to modernize and boost procurement performance by leveraging innovative web-based technologies,' he observed.
Nader Sabbaghian, CEO of BravoSolution, the global spend analysis & strategic sourcing specialists, said, 'Managing spend is more important and challenging than ever before given the economic environment and global nature of today’s business.'
“DP World is showcasing its continued commitment to streamlining global complexities and reducing costs through this procurement initiative,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo