Alba welcomes Gulf University students
Manama, September 4, 2011
Bahrain Aluminium (Alba) recently played host to a group of engineering students from Gulf University, a leading institution in the Kingdom.
The students - some of whom were Bahraini as well as from other neighbouring Gulf countries like Saudi Arabia and Kuwait - were taken around the Alba plant to see the various processes involved in the production of Alba's high-grade aluminium products.
Gulf University Electrical and Electronic Department associate professor Dr Noaman Mohammed Noaman and electrical engineering assistant professor Dr Sabah M Asker accompanied the students to Alba.
'We consider it a great privilege to welcome students in Alba and show them the state-of-the-art processes involved in the aluminium production,' Alba chief executive Laurent Schmitt.
'While we do hope that this visit would inspire and motivate some of the Gulf University students to consider a career in the aluminium industry, it is our wish that they succeed in whatever career they choose for themselves.'
The students were given presentations on the company's commitment to safety, adherence to quality as well as its many achievements in protecting the environment.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence
- RSA-Talke to set up storage facility in Dubai
- Sipchem unit secures loan for new project
- Alba names power station director
- Bahrain to set up new building materials firm
- Spotlight on warehousing solutions
- Yokogawa to release new pressure calibrator