Alba welcomes Gulf University students
Manama, September 4, 2011
Bahrain Aluminium (Alba) recently played host to a group of engineering students from Gulf University, a leading institution in the Kingdom.
The students - some of whom were Bahraini as well as from other neighbouring Gulf countries like Saudi Arabia and Kuwait - were taken around the Alba plant to see the various processes involved in the production of Alba's high-grade aluminium products.
Gulf University Electrical and Electronic Department associate professor Dr Noaman Mohammed Noaman and electrical engineering assistant professor Dr Sabah M Asker accompanied the students to Alba.
'We consider it a great privilege to welcome students in Alba and show them the state-of-the-art processes involved in the aluminium production,' Alba chief executive Laurent Schmitt.
'While we do hope that this visit would inspire and motivate some of the Gulf University students to consider a career in the aluminium industry, it is our wish that they succeed in whatever career they choose for themselves.'
The students were given presentations on the company's commitment to safety, adherence to quality as well as its many achievements in protecting the environment.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery