Kayan, Sinopec to build $130m plant
Jeddah, August 16, 2011
Saudi Kayan Petrochemical, a unit of Saudi Basic Industries Corp, signed a SR488 million ($130 million) contract with China's Sinopec to build a natural alcohol plant in Saudi Arabia, Kayan said on Tuesday.
'Kayan signed on Monday a contract to build a natural alcohol plant (detergents) with China's Sinopec... The production capacity of the plant will be 50,000 tonnes annually and is expected to start during the second half of 2013,' Kayan said in a statement.
Sabic owns a 35-per cent stake in Kayan. – Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence
- RSA-Talke to set up storage facility in Dubai
- Sipchem unit secures loan for new project
- Alba names power station director
- Bahrain to set up new building materials firm
- Spotlight on warehousing solutions
- Yokogawa to release new pressure calibrator