DP World wins CSR award at Sacta
Dubai, May 16, 2011
DP World, UAE Region said it has won top honours for its outstanding contribution to community welfare at the fifth annual supply chain transport (Scata) Awards 2011 held in Dubai.
The corporate social responsibility (CSR) award recognises DP World, UAE Region’s efforts to operate in a responsible manner in all aspects of its activities, which impact customers, employees, shareholders, communities and the environment, said a company statement.
Tariq Bin Khalifa, director, Account Management, DP World, UAE Region, received the award in the presence of high level industry representatives.
DP World, UAE Region, operator of the flagship Jebel Ali Port, has supported a growing number of community projects and campaigns, the most significant of which has been its long-term Thalassemia awareness drive launched in 2008 in conjunction with the Dubai Thalassemia Centre.
Commenting on the win, Mohammed Al Muallem, senior vice president and managing director, said: "Contributing productively to the well-being of the local community is a cherished corporate goal of DP World, UAE Region."
In 2009, DP World, UAE Region designed and donated a revamped blood transfusion facility and a dedicated recreation area to the Centre.
This year, DP World, UAE Region sponsored the Little Stars Programme of Al Wasl Hospital in support of 300 children suffering from cerebral palsy, and in 2010 donated recreational equipment to the Fujairah Maternity Hospital.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan