DP World wins CSR award at Sacta
Dubai, May 16, 2011
DP World, UAE Region said it has won top honours for its outstanding contribution to community welfare at the fifth annual supply chain transport (Scata) Awards 2011 held in Dubai.
The corporate social responsibility (CSR) award recognises DP World, UAE Region’s efforts to operate in a responsible manner in all aspects of its activities, which impact customers, employees, shareholders, communities and the environment, said a company statement.
Tariq Bin Khalifa, director, Account Management, DP World, UAE Region, received the award in the presence of high level industry representatives.
DP World, UAE Region, operator of the flagship Jebel Ali Port, has supported a growing number of community projects and campaigns, the most significant of which has been its long-term Thalassemia awareness drive launched in 2008 in conjunction with the Dubai Thalassemia Centre.
Commenting on the win, Mohammed Al Muallem, senior vice president and managing director, said: "Contributing productively to the well-being of the local community is a cherished corporate goal of DP World, UAE Region."
In 2009, DP World, UAE Region designed and donated a revamped blood transfusion facility and a dedicated recreation area to the Centre.
This year, DP World, UAE Region sponsored the Little Stars Programme of Al Wasl Hospital in support of 300 children suffering from cerebral palsy, and in 2010 donated recreational equipment to the Fujairah Maternity Hospital.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo