Swift Freight rebrands to Barloworld Logistics
Dubai, May 8, 2011
Dubai-based Swift Freight International has rebranded to Barloworld Logistics in the Middle East.
In 2008, Swift Freight was acquired by Barloworld Logistics and in line with its corporate brand strategy it is now to be consolidated under the brand Barloworld Logistics in the Middle East. With the rebranding, the operations in Dubai & Abu Dhabi will be known as Barloworld Logistics.
Barloworld Logistics is a part of the South African Barloworld group. In 2008, Barloworld Logistics acquired several businesses in the Middle East & the Far East to strategically position itself on the world’s leading East-West trade flow. Barloworld Logistics is a leading supply chain management solutions player in Africa, the Middle East, Europe and the Far East offering end-to-end supply chain management services.
“Our strategic intent is to provide supply chain management solutions to medium and large corporate customers. Fundamentally, we want to demonstrate our capabilities in the supply chain management through our freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution offerings that we have acquired from Swift,” stated Sean Bradley, managing director for the Barloworld Logistics Middle East operation.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- IAA re-boots for 75th anniversary
- Bahrain port welcomes largest container vessel
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- DP World extends maturity date on $1bn loan
- HK apparel group inks tenancy deal with BIO
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence
- RSA-Talke to set up storage facility in Dubai