Swift Freight rebrands to Barloworld Logistics
Dubai, May 8, 2011
Dubai-based Swift Freight International has rebranded to Barloworld Logistics in the Middle East.
In 2008, Swift Freight was acquired by Barloworld Logistics and in line with its corporate brand strategy it is now to be consolidated under the brand Barloworld Logistics in the Middle East. With the rebranding, the operations in Dubai & Abu Dhabi will be known as Barloworld Logistics.
Barloworld Logistics is a part of the South African Barloworld group. In 2008, Barloworld Logistics acquired several businesses in the Middle East & the Far East to strategically position itself on the world’s leading East-West trade flow. Barloworld Logistics is a leading supply chain management solutions player in Africa, the Middle East, Europe and the Far East offering end-to-end supply chain management services.
“Our strategic intent is to provide supply chain management solutions to medium and large corporate customers. Fundamentally, we want to demonstrate our capabilities in the supply chain management through our freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution offerings that we have acquired from Swift,” stated Sean Bradley, managing director for the Barloworld Logistics Middle East operation.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans