Emal honours contractors
Abu Dhabi, March 8, 2011
Emirates Aluminium (Emal), a leading Taweelah-based aluminium smelter, has honoured its leading contractors for their standards of environmental, health and safety (EHS) during construction of the phase one of its mega project.
“‘Safety first, last and always’ is at the core of Emal and today we have honoured those that work with us and share our commitment to best-in-class health and safety standards,” said Saeed Fadhel Al Mazrooei, Emal president and CEO.
“The contractors we have honoured excelled by investing heavily in their focus on applying best EHS practices, resulting in exceptional achievements in the number of man hours worked without lost time incidents, which was of the utmost importance for the construction of this state-of-the-art project,” he added.
Three contractors awards were presented to the senior representatives at the on-site ceremony, to recognise successful implementation of EHS guidelines set out by Emal with contractors judged by comprehensive EHS criteria, including the outstanding number of working hours without lost time incidents (LTI).
Emal gas treatment centre provider, Alstom, received the highest recognition by the smelter, with its achievement of 5.2 million work hours without a single LTI. Second and third place honours were awarded to Musaco and Al Futtaim Carillion respectively. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DHL wins ‘best employer' award
- Drydocks to host top shipping forum in Dubai
- DHL holds family fun day
- DMCA begins issuing marine driver’s licence
- RSA-Talke to set up storage facility in Dubai
- Sipchem unit secures loan for new project
- Alba names power station director
- Bahrain to set up new building materials firm
- Spotlight on warehousing solutions
- Yokogawa to release new pressure calibrator