Emal honours contractors
Abu Dhabi, March 8, 2011
Emirates Aluminium (Emal), a leading Taweelah-based aluminium smelter, has honoured its leading contractors for their standards of environmental, health and safety (EHS) during construction of the phase one of its mega project.
“‘Safety first, last and always’ is at the core of Emal and today we have honoured those that work with us and share our commitment to best-in-class health and safety standards,” said Saeed Fadhel Al Mazrooei, Emal president and CEO.
“The contractors we have honoured excelled by investing heavily in their focus on applying best EHS practices, resulting in exceptional achievements in the number of man hours worked without lost time incidents, which was of the utmost importance for the construction of this state-of-the-art project,” he added.
Three contractors awards were presented to the senior representatives at the on-site ceremony, to recognise successful implementation of EHS guidelines set out by Emal with contractors judged by comprehensive EHS criteria, including the outstanding number of working hours without lost time incidents (LTI).
Emal gas treatment centre provider, Alstom, received the highest recognition by the smelter, with its achievement of 5.2 million work hours without a single LTI. Second and third place honours were awarded to Musaco and Al Futtaim Carillion respectively. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm