Safco Q4 net soars on higher sale prices
Riyadh, January 16, 2011
Saudi Arabian Fertilizers Co (Safco) said on Sunday its net profit nearly tripled in the fourth quarter buoyed by higher prices, beating estimates.
Safco made 1 billion ($266.7 million) riyals in the quarter after 376 million riyals a year ago but revised its net profit for the fourth quarter of 2009 to 335 million riyals, the company said in a statement posted on the bourse website.
The results beat analysts average forecast of 770.23 million riyals. "The rise in profits for 2010 and the fourth quarter of 2010 compared to the same periods the year earlie ... is due to improving prices of petrochemical products and increasing sales," the statement said.
Saudi Arabian Basic Industries Corp (Sabic) a 42.9 percent stake in Safco.
Operating profit and gross profit for the fourth-quarter both rose by 156 percent with operating profit reaching 896 million riyals for the fourth-quarter and gross profit reaching 918 million riyals for the same period, the statement said.
Full year net profit rose by 79 percent to 3.2 billion riyals. Earnings per share for the year reached 12.9 riyals, it said.
Shares at Safco closed 0.2 percent lower on Sunday, before the earnings were announced. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans