Asry wins top global CSR award
Manama, October 1, 2010
Bahrain's Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard (Asry) has won a top global award for matching industrial vigour with care for the community and the environment.
The company has been presented with the Lloyd's List 2010 Award for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), for its care for its workers, the community and the environment.
The award was received by company chairman Shaikh Daij bin Salman Al Khalifa during a glittering gala event at the Dorchester Hotel, London.
More than 500 senior executives from around the world attended the annual Lloyd's List Awards dinner, for a celebration of the best and brightest talents in maritime shipping.
Shaikh Daij said the award was a badge of honour earned by all company employees.
'It is recognition of the value the Asry board and its employees have placed on their role as corporate citizens over the years,' he said.
Lloyd's List editor Tom Leander said the CSR Category was acknowledgment by the maritime industry of its role and responsibility to the wider society, as well as setting high standards of business integrity and ethics. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures