Suez Canal revenue falls 16.7pc
Cairo, March 18, 2010
Revenue from Egypt's Suez Canal declined 16.7 percent to $2.262 billion in the period from July to December 2009, the central bank said on its website on Thursday.
Revenue was $2.715 billion in the same period a year ago.
The canal is a vital source of foreign currency in Egypt, along with tourism, oil and gas exports and remittances from Egyptians living abroad. The fiscal year in Egypt starts in July. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport