Suez Canal revenue falls 16.7pc
Cairo, March 18, 2010
Revenue from Egypt's Suez Canal declined 16.7 percent to $2.262 billion in the period from July to December 2009, the central bank said on its website on Thursday.
Revenue was $2.715 billion in the same period a year ago.
The canal is a vital source of foreign currency in Egypt, along with tourism, oil and gas exports and remittances from Egyptians living abroad. The fiscal year in Egypt starts in July. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour
- Alba sponsors CRU aluminium summit
- General Lighting plans Saudi share sale
- Kizad eyes UK investment at aluminium show
- Grace plans $200m UAE fluid cracker JV plant
- Globe Express bolsters Kuwait services