GAC wins Bahrain airshow freight contract
Manama, November 2, 2009
GAC Bahrain has won the freight forwarding contract for the inaugural Bahrain International Airshow (Bias) 2010 from the kingdom’s Civil Aviation Affairs.
As the official freight forwarder and lift contractor, GAC Bahrain will provide comprehensive supply chain solutions for the show, to be held at the Sakhir Airbase in Bahrain from January 21 to 23. The Bahrain International Airshow is organised by the Civil Aviation Affairs, Kingdom of Bahrain in partnership with Farnborough International Ltd (FIL).
As part of its logistics service package for the show, GAC Bahrain will handle a considerable amount of cargo arriving by air and sea from all over the world. The team will also oversee transportation of cargo and equipment to and from the air base.
'Bahrain is acknowledged as a pioneer of aerospace business in the region. With significant opportunities in the civil, defence and business aviation markets, this event will further enhance its reputation as a preferred destination for major global businesses,” said Peter Gronberg, managing director of GAC Bahrain.
Gronberg added that the group’s global network of air, sea and road services, complemented by state-of-the-art local warehousing facilities, will enable seamless supply chain management for the airshow.
The GAC Logistics Centre at Muharraq is the first of its kind in Bahrain offering multi-modal options under one roof. With customs on site 24/7, GAC is able to provide prompt cargo clearance as well as bonded facilities for combined air/sea/road operation, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan