GAC wins Bahrain airshow freight contract
Manama, November 2, 2009
GAC Bahrain has won the freight forwarding contract for the inaugural Bahrain International Airshow (Bias) 2010 from the kingdom’s Civil Aviation Affairs.
As the official freight forwarder and lift contractor, GAC Bahrain will provide comprehensive supply chain solutions for the show, to be held at the Sakhir Airbase in Bahrain from January 21 to 23. The Bahrain International Airshow is organised by the Civil Aviation Affairs, Kingdom of Bahrain in partnership with Farnborough International Ltd (FIL).
As part of its logistics service package for the show, GAC Bahrain will handle a considerable amount of cargo arriving by air and sea from all over the world. The team will also oversee transportation of cargo and equipment to and from the air base.
'Bahrain is acknowledged as a pioneer of aerospace business in the region. With significant opportunities in the civil, defence and business aviation markets, this event will further enhance its reputation as a preferred destination for major global businesses,” said Peter Gronberg, managing director of GAC Bahrain.
Gronberg added that the group’s global network of air, sea and road services, complemented by state-of-the-art local warehousing facilities, will enable seamless supply chain management for the airshow.
The GAC Logistics Centre at Muharraq is the first of its kind in Bahrain offering multi-modal options under one roof. With customs on site 24/7, GAC is able to provide prompt cargo clearance as well as bonded facilities for combined air/sea/road operation, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Extrusions unveils key techniques at Italy show
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans