Emirates Post opens 100th post office
Dubai, March 31, 2009
Emirates Post has opened its 100th post office at Arabian Center, the new shopping mall in Al Khawaneej, Dubai to mark.
The event coincides with the centenary year of postal services in the UAE.
The new post office was officially opened by Abdulla Al Daboos, president of Emirates Post group, in the presence of Ibrahim Bin Karam, CEO of Emirates Post and Lal Ganwani, chairman of Lals group.
“This is a historic moment for Emirates Post. Our network of post offices has touched the magic figure of 100, and this certainly puts us on track to pursue accelerated growth in the months to come, as the UAE continues to witness massive development,” said Al Daboos.
“This also represents a matter of pride for us, because our post offices today are one-stop shops for community services, and we plan to expand the portfolio of services further this year,” he added.
Emirates Post is celebrating 100 years of postal services in the UAE. A number of activities and special events have been planned as part of the centenary celebrations.
Bin Karam said: “The opening of the centennial post office at Arabian Center is part of our expansion plan that involves opening new post offices across the country.
“Opening post offices in shopping malls is part of our new strategy to go to places that have a large footfall. We are confident that mall visitors and people living in the vicinity will find our services convenient.”
The Arabian Center post-office offers all regular postal and non-postal services, including money transfer and parcels. It also offers facility for payment of utility bills and traffic fines as well as purchase of telephone and parking cards.
The new post office has 3,000 PO boxes for general and corporate rentals. The post office will initially be open from 9 am to 4 pm. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures