Siemens to set up non-profit foundation
Dubai, September 27, 2008
Siemens is to set up a non-profit organization 'the Siemens Foundation' in a move aimed at enhancing the sustainability and visibility of its corporate citizenship activities.
The corporate citizenship activities of Siemens AG will be bundled in this new organization, said a company statement.
"A commitment to the welfare of society has been a key component of Siemens’ company culture ever since its founding. Siemens has been highly committed to fostering social welfare for 160 years. The Siemens Foundation will carry on this tradition while showcasing the sustainability of our commitment to corporate citizenship," said Siemens president and CEO Peter Löscher.
Based in Munich, the foundation will focus primarily on technology, education, charitable programs, the arts and culture. It will begin operations as an independent entity in early 2009 with an endowment of about Euro400 million ($584.3 million).
The task of the Siemens Foundation will be to co-ordinate and further improve the company’s broad range of corporate citizenship activities around the globe.
The Siemens Foundation will be managed by a board comprising several members. The work of the board will be supported, advised and monitored by the foundation’s council, headed by the president of the foundation.-Tradearabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures